Terms & Conditions
JIKA SMART TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- WHO IS PART OF THE JIKA SMART MEMBERSHIP?
- YOU and anybody else who is financially dependent on you and whose names and dates of birth you have provided to us and who we have agreed to include as members. This can include your spouse, children and other adults who are dependent on you.
- Us, Jika (Pty) Limited (“Jika”), who acts as a Juristic representative of Vuka Money (Pty) Limited and who brings you the Airtime and SMS benefit, the Lumpsum pay-out benefit and the Membership payback benefit.
Vuka Money (Pty) Limited (“Vuka”) Who provides intermediary services in respect of the insurance Cover. Vuka Money is an authorised Financial Services Provider FSP No. 49502
1.3. By making payment of your monthly fee you:
- agree and want to be a party to this membership agreement;
- allow us to fulfil on our obligations to you in terms of this agreement. To allow us to do this you agree that we can share your information with our partners, business associates, agents, representatives and other relevant third parties; and
iii. agree that we can market other products and services to you, share market innovations with you and you consent that we can submit your information to credit institutions (including credit bureaus) to update, process and monitor your information to guide us in making decisions about product development and suitability of offering, affordability, market conduct and activities related to our business and providing goods and services to you.
- The Fee is the total amount you pay us each month for all the membership costs (which include the non-financial services and group insurance benefits you have with us as set out in this Jika Smart membership agreement and where you have an individual Insurance Policy, it will include the premium). It will include any subsequent costs for added benefits to your membership and additional premiums for endorsements to your Policy.
Payment of the fee entitles you to membership of The Jika Family and accordingly, to be notified of further product offerings, as well as preferential pricing should you take the additional products from us.
1.5. We may further change the membership benefits or fees payable at any time. If the fee or membership benefits change for any reason, you will be given 31 days’ prior written notice to that effect. Should you purchase additional membership benefits; the applicable fee/s will become payable immediately.
1.6. The Premium, which is payable by us to the insurer will be disclosed on the policy or endorsement.
1.7. The Jika Smart membership makes use of NAEDO collections services, this prioritises your debit to ensure that We are able to collect the monthly Fee. If we are unable to collect on the debit date you have given us we use a tracking system that allows us to process your debit on another date to improve the likelihood of a successful debit collection and that allows you to keep your membership and Policy benefits active.
1.8. Your Fee may be collected on a different date due to a public holiday or weekend.
1.9. You must be under the age of 66 to enter into this membership agreement. The membership agreement will end when you turn 68. Any membership benefits that apply to dependents will end should this membership agreement end for any reason.
1.10. For any questions on your service benefits please call us on 087 310 9571 assistance.
- WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU GET AND WHEN CAN YOU USE THEM?
2.1 For your monthly membership fee you get the following benefit
2.1.1 The Airtime and SMS benefit
2.1.2 The Membership Payback Benefit
2.1.3 The Lumpsum Payout benefit Underwritten by African Unity Life (The “Insurer”)
2.2. Unless we tell you otherwise, as soon as the sale is concluded, you can start using your benefits, but the insurance Cover may be subject to waiting periods in the insurance Policy. The fee includes the premium which is payable to the Insurer for the Cover.
2.3. Your use of the benefits is subject to the terms of this agreement and any insurance Policy, schedules, amendments and endorsements.
- WHAT AIRTIME AND SMS BENEFITS DO YOU HAVE AND WHEN CAN YOU USE THEM?
3.1. The Cell C Control Chat 100 SIM Card gives you R115 Airtime and 100 SMS’s monthly provided you pay your monthly Jika Smart membership Fee.
3.2. This Airtime and SMS benefit is activated within 24 hours of successful delivery of your SIM card to YOU and thereafter is topped up on the 15th of each month following the successful collection of your monthly Jika Smart membership Fee.
3.3. When you have exhausted your monthly top-up airtime and SMS’s, you can top up using a Cell C recharge voucher, your Cell C app or any platform that supports Cell C bundle purchases.
- WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY CELLULAR BENEFITS?
4.1. This Cell C Control Chat 100 off er is developed by Blue Label Connect and brought to you by Jika (Pty) Limited. By accepting this off er you acknowledge that all queries relating to this off er will be raised directly with Jika (Pty) Limited through their Customer Care Centre at the number provided below.
4.2. All prices and usage rates advertised are inclusive of VAT, unless otherwise stated.
4.3. Standard RICA rules and processes apply. These shall be found at https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/static-content/PDF/RICA.pdf.
4.4. A once-off SIM and Connection Fee of R150 will be charged for new activations and will be included in your first months Jika Smart Membership Fee.
4.5. The inclusive minutes can be used for calls, including Wi-Fi Calling, to any local network in South Africa but cannot be used for International Calling and Roaming and premium rated or special number calls. a. Calls to 0800 numbers are free and will not be charged for or deplete from inclusive minutes. b. Calls to 086X numbers are not depleted from inclusive minutes and will be billed for as usage charges. c. Cell C will not be liable for charges incurred where the subscriber dials nonqualifying numbers.
4.6. There is a 1 month carryover of any unused inclusive voice minutes but your SMSes do not carry over into the next month
4.7. The billing increment will be: a. per second billing from the 1st second for a voice calls
4.8. Offers are subject to change as per the networks requirements and is only applicable to new lines.
4.9. By accepting this off er, you have entered into a-month to month subscription agreement, which you may cancel by providing Jika (Pty) Limited with 31 days’ notice, by contacting the Call Centre on 087 310 9571.
4.10. Qualification for continuation of this offer is subject to YOU generating “main line” usage activity, such as recharging occasionally and/or receiving incoming calls.
4.11. This cell phone number(s) will be assigned to Blue Label Connect for the duration that your Jika Smart membership remains active and reassignment to Pre-Paid is subject to network turnaround time approximately 48 to 72 hours.(i.e. the cell phone number will be held in the name of Blue Label Connect for the duration of the membership)
4.12. For any membership queries you can contact Jika (Pty) Limited on Customer care – 087 310 9571 Detailed Terms & Conditions for these service benefits are available on www.Jikaconnect.co.za or call 087 310 9571 and we will provide you with a copy:
- HOW DOES MY MEMBERSHIP PAYBACK BENEFIT WORK?
5.1. Your membership includes a “Membership Payback Benefit” which activates on the death of the Main Member only. Your beneficiary or the executor of your estate will be paid an amount equivalent to the value of the total number of Jika Smart membership fee debits we have successfully collected from You. This amount will be calculated from the first successful collection of your monthly Jika Smart Membership fee up to the last Jika Smart Membership fee successfully collected before your death. Interest is not applicable and will not be paid. This benefit is for the main member only. To be clear, if you have passed away, and regardless if the Policy has continued, no other person on the Policy is entitled to the Membership Payback Benefit. The Jika Smart membership fee is as per the Jika Smart Membership letter.
- HOW LONG DOES THIS MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT LAST?
6.1. This membership agreement is month to month. It will renew on the same terms each time we successfully collect the monthly fee.
6.2. You can cancel at any time – give us a call so we can assist you and help you make the right decision. There is a cooling off period of 31 days (calculated from the start date) in which you can cancel and receive a refund BUT ONLY IF you have not used any of the benefits.
- FOR COMPLAINTS AND COMPLIANCE
7.1. It is important to us that you are happy with your benefits. If you are unhappy for any reason, please call us on 031 533 3000 and give us a chance to see if we can set things right.
WE GROW SA TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 We Grow SA (“ WGSA ”) is the property of, and is administered and offered by, Digital Planet (Pty) Ltd (“ DP ”) on the WGSA website.
1.2 These terms and conditions (“T &Cs ”) shall govern your use of the WGSA website, WGSA and any other services that may be available thereon.
1.3. These WGSA T&Cs, are available at www.WeGrowSouthAfrica.co.za (“ the Website ”).
1.4. By using the Website and WGSA, Users:
1.4.1. acknowledge that they have been made aware of the provisions in the WGSA T&Cs, and have been afforded an adequate opportunity to receive, consider and comprehend such provisions;
1.4.2. accept the WGSA T&Cs, as amended from time to time, in full; and
1.4.3. warrant that they are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age.
1.5. By registering with WGSA, Users warrant that they are entitled to transmit any information, material, media, data and/or documentation via the Website, and are entitled to use any of the services on the Website.
- REDEMPTION OF VOUCHERS
2.1 A User may choose to redeem a voucher for all Education Partners published on the Website, limited to one voucher per Partner. 2.2 A User will select the Partners it wishes to sign up for, and based on the platforms selected, the User will receive a unique code for each of the selections, as well as a URL link to the relevant education platform, to redeem the discount and activate the subscription for the course. 2.3 The voucher shall provide the User with limited access to the course selected, for a trial period as stipulated on the voucher, at either no rate or at a discounted subscription rate, as the case may be.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE
3.1 Subject to the express provisions of these T&Cs:
3.1.1 DP owns and controls all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Website and the material on the Website; and
3.1.2 all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Website and the material on the DP website are reserved.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
4.1 WGSA reserves the right to revise and vary these T&Cs from time to time.
4.2 The revised T&Cs shall apply to the use of the Website from the date of publication of the revised T&Cs on the Website, and the Users waive any rights they may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these T&Cs.
4.3 It is the Users responsibility to regularly check these T&Cs and make sure that the User is satisfied with the changes. Should the User not be satisfied therewith then the User must not place any further orders on or, in any other way, use the Website.
4.4 Any revision will only apply to the User’s use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If the User chooses to use the Website after such amended T&Cs have been displayed on the Website, the User will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
5.1 DP respects the Users privacy and shall take all reasonable measures to protect it.
5.2 Should the User decide to register as a User on the Website, DP may require the User to provide us with the information that includes but is not limited to the following –
5.2.1 The User’s name and surname;
5.2.2 The User’s email address; and
5.2.3 The User’s mobile number
6.1 The User is specifically restricted from all of the following:
6.1.1 publishing any of the Website material in any other media;
6.1.2 selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any of the Website material;
6.1.3 publicly performing and/or showing any of the Website material;
6.1.4 using the Website in any way that is or may be damaging to the Website;
6.1.5 using the Website in any way that impacts other user access to the Website;
6.1.6 using the Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
6.1.7 engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to the Website; and
6.1.8 using the Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
6.2 Certain areas of the Website are restricted from being accessed by the User, DP may further restrict access to any areas of this Website, at any time, at its absolute sole discretion.
6.3 Any user ID and password the User may have for this Website are confidential and the User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality thereof.
- WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES
7.1 The Website, including links to other websites, is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied. DP makes no representations or warranties in relation to the Website, or the information on the Website.
7.2 Without prejudice to the generality of the aforegoing, DP does not warrant that:
7.2.1 the Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
7.2.2 the info rmation on the Website is complete, updated and accurate.
7.3 Nothing on the Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind, including investment, financial, legal and tax advice. If you require advice in relation to any matter you should specifically consult an expert in these fields.
7.4 DP reserves the right to discontinue or alter any or all of the services on the Website, and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these T&Cs, the User shall not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any such services, or in the event the DP website is unavailable or discontinued for any reason whatsoever.
7.5 The Website may contain links or references to other websites (“ Third-Party Websites ”) which are outside of DP’s control, including those of advertisers. These T&Cs do not apply to those Third-Party Websites and DP is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third-Party Websites and/ or the “cookies” that those Third-Party Websites may use.
7.6 Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third-Party Websites, the Users use of such Third-Party Websites is entirely at the Users own risk and DP shall not, under any circumstances, be held responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from the Users use of such Third-Party Websites or User reliance on any information contained thereon.
- LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
8.1 DP will not be liable to any person (whether under the law of contract, the law of delict or otherwise) in relation to the contents of (including technical inaccuracies and typographical errors), or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website: to the extent that the Website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any personal or business losses, loss of income, profits or anticipated investment returns, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
8.2 You accept that, as a limited liability company, DP limits the personal liability of its directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents. Users agree that they will not bring any claim personally against DP’s aforementioned persons in respect of any losses they may suffer in connection with the Website. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Users agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect DP’s aforementioned persons, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as holding and associated companies.
8.3 By using this website, Users agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these T&Cs are reasonable.
- USER CONTENT
9.1 With reference to the Website T&Cs, “ User Content ” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material which the User may choose to display on this Website. By displaying User Content, the User grants DP, a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
9.2 User Content must be the User’s own and may not infringe upon any third party’s rights. DP reserves the right to remove any User Content from this Website, at any time without notice.
10.1 DP may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with its rights and/or obligations under these T&Cs.
10.2 Users shall not, without DP’s prior written consent, assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of their rights and/or obligations under these T&Cs.
If any provision of these T&Cs is, or is found to be, unenforceable under any applicable law, this will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of these T&Cs.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
The agreement constituted by these T&Cs is for the benefit of DP and its Users, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These T&Cs shall constitute the entire agreement between DP and its Users in relation to the User’s use of the Website and shall supersede all previous agreements between them in relation thereto.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
14.1 These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with South African law.
14.2 Any disputes relating to these T&Cs shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
HP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This VVCR entitles you to activate and access the various HP shop discount vouchers listed, which each entitle you to between R500 and R1 000 off the specified category of online purchase from HP Shop.
- Activate your voucher according to the instructions provided and use the voucher which is value until 18 February 2021 at www.hpshop.co.za.
- Neither this nor the HP shop voucher can be used in conjunction with any other vouchers.
- Neither HP Shop nor VVCR can be held liable for lost or stolen vouchers and reserve the right to update or cancel this promotion at any time without notice.
- The HP Shop vouchers are valid for online purchases only and cannot be used in store.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash
- Free delivery on all HP Shop online orders within South Africa.
- Vouchers are valid for a once off redemption; one voucher per online transaction
- No change given on vouchers not fully redeemed.
- Pricing subject to change without notice, while stock lasts.
VIU TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Voucher Codes are only redeemable by new users of the VIU Premium Service.
- Each Voucher Code has a validity period of three (3) years from the date on which the Voucher Codes are issued by the Distributor to the Client, or until the date on which the full value of the Voucher Code has been redeemed by the Client’s customers, whichever is the earlier. There shall be no extension of the validity period of the Voucher Codes in the event the Voucher Codes expire before it is used.
- Once redeemed, each Voucher Code shall be valid for one (3) months from the date of redemption by each customer of the Client.
- Vuclip reserves the right to refuse or cancel transactions carried out on the VIU Service if they do not meet the requirements for subscription to the VIU Service, applicable terms and conditions or if fraud or error is found in such transaction.
- Vuclip shall further have the right, at its discretion, without any liability, to terminate any subscription to the VIU Service, at any time during the relevant subscription period if a Subscriber does not comply with the terms and conditions of such subscription.
- The Voucher Codes may not be exchanged for cash or deemed as cash.
- Vuclip expressly reserves the right for itself, and the right to authorize third parties, without limitation, to promote, market and/or sell subscriptions to the VIU Premium Service and/or any part of the VIU Service to potential Subscribers.
TELKOM SMARTBROADBAND WIRELESS
- Telkom Standard terms and conditions apply (full details on www.telkom.co.za/terms).
- Telkom reserves the right to amend these offerings and terms and conditions from time to time. Telkom will give notice to each Consumer of such amendments and will place the amended terms and conditions on Telkom’s website at the following link: http://www.telkom.co.za; which will be deemed incorporated into the Agreement and bind the Consumer from the date that the amendment was listed on the abovementioned site.
- RICA shall apply.
- The Telkom’s SmartBroadband Wireless offers shall be available on pre-paid.
- Subscription to Telkom’s SmartBroadband Wireless service is subject to the availability of its LTE network coverage within the specified location and the subscriber will not be able to roam on MTN’s 3G network. A Sales agent will be able to assist you with checking if your address is in coverage Or alternatively you can do it online at http://www.telkom.co.za/coverage/ or send an SMS with your address to 43482
- The SmartBroadband Wireless service is provided as a fixed wireless broadband service for use in a fixed location and should a subscriber relocate, Telkom cannot guarantee and be held liable for lack of network coverage, reliability and throughput outside its specified LTE coverage areas
- Should a subscriber use his SmartBroadband Wireless service for mobility purposes Telkom shall not be liable for lack of LTE coverage or throughput outside of its LTE coverage areas
- 3G failover to Telkom Mobile’s 3G network only will be supported on the SmartBroadband Wireless service.
- Telkom shall endeavour to ensure that LTE coverage is available where Telkom stipulates it has LTE coverage. Telkom shall not, however, be held responsible for customers’ failure to access the Internet in areas that are not eligible for LTE.
- A compatible device is required to use Telkom’s LTE services. The maximum speed that can be experienced by the subscriber is dependent on the speed specification of the device.
- Telkom’s LTE network currently supports voice calls, however, a subscriber will be required to contact Support on 081180 through any means of communication available to them to request that the voice capability be enabled on their service.
- A flat rate of R 2.75 on per second billing basis will apply for any voice call on SmartBroadband Wireless service, with exception of emergency services (10111, 10177 and 112) and Telkom helpdesk 081 180 which are free from a Telkom Mobile SIM card.
- SMS is enabled for normal usage, notification and balance enquiry
- SMS charge is set at 50c/SMS and MMS charge is set at 50c/MMS.
- The out-of-bundle rate of R29c (twenty nine cents) /MB applies.
- Once-off and recurring data bundles will expire at the end of the next calendar month from the date of activation
- Inclusive data bundles will expire at the end of the current calendar month
- No carry-over shall apply to the Inclusive Data
- Night Surfer Data shall be valid between 12am – 7am.
- Telkom’s LTE network supports downlink speeds of up to 90Mbps and uplink speeds of up to 25Mbps.
- Telkom’s LTE network is supported on the 2300MHz TDD Radio frequency spectrum and the experience may vary depending on the wall thickness at your premises.
- Telkom is not liable for any loss or damage to your property or equipment arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance and use of the service.